12/18/2012

Gems Gallery is the Wal-Mart of Thai jewelry stores, Chiangmai

Taxi Chiangmai:  Patrick 081 617 2116 Oversea Call: +66 81 617 2116 E-mail: neomart@gmail.com

4-5 hours tour around Bosang-Umbrella Village, Celadon Kiln Factory, Cotton Factory, Gems and Jelwery, Cotton Factory, Thai Silk Factory, Silverware Factory - 900 Baht car/driver/gasoline.

Recommend: Elephant show + elephant riding through jungle and stream to 7 hilltribe village (including Long neck karen) + monkey show + Orchid/butterfly farm and lunch buffet at Tiger Kingdom, a day program about 6-7 hours

Fees: 2,450 Baht per person for 2-3 person (if one person = 4,900 Baht) including air-con car/English speaking driver/gasoline/ticket for Elephant show/Elephant ride/hilltribe/monkey show/orchid n butterfly and Lunch buffet





 
 
 
 
 
From $25 to $700 -- happiness for all on the shopping list.
By A Yahoo! Contributor11/23/04
Gems Gallery is the Wal-Mart of Thai jewelry stores. Like the ubiquitous super centers dotting the USA, the size of the facility and the variety and array of available merchandise has to impress. Also like wally world -- the prices are good and the value consistent. While in Chiengmai, I made two trips. On the first, I trusted them to replace the stone on my Naval Academy class ring. I chose a black sapphire and it turned out beautifully. The next day when I returned to pick up the ring, I shopped for gifts ranging in price from $25 for a modern garnet pendant with matching silver snake chain for the girl friend of my baby brother to $700 for gorgeous yellow sapphire, topaz, amethyst, and garnet fall earrings to match a lariat necklace bought at the Phuket store last year by my sister. Over all, I bought five pieces and am happy with all of them. I was assisted both days by Vicky -- a very knowledgeable sales woman who knew the stock extremely well and spoke excellent English. She also came down on some prices as I bought more. However, part of my shopping list included harder to find stones which Gems Gallery was unable to assist me with finding...

No comments: