5/25/2011

Reviews of Speak English Like an American for Native Chinese Speakers




Speak English Like an American for Native Chinese Speakers: Learn the Idioms & Expressions You Need to Sound Like a Native!

A must for those learning English., October 24, 2008
By Noodle 19-2000
This review is from: Speak English Like an American for Native Chinese Speakers:
Learn the Idioms & Expressions You Need to Sound Like a Native! (Paperback)
I bought this book as a gift for my Chinese fiance to go along with the Rosetta Stone software that I will be getting for him also. I sent it to him last week and he loves it.

When I read through it, I liked how it taught idioms that probably wouldn't be covered in a conventional ESL class but are still important and are used frequently. It has activities in it but can easily be used for future reference. The idioms are explained very clearly and presented in a fun (not overly dry) way.

The CD is also helpful because this way he can listen to how the words are pronounced, which is very important and handy because he lives in China and doesn't have a lot of day-to-day exposure to native English speakers. It was a big selling point for me when I bought this book and one of the reasons why my fiance has been having such a ball with it.

Overall, I suggest this book to anyone who studying English. I imagine it would be a great add-on to an ESL class because it includes a lot of material that regular language textbooks/software/CD's frequently miss.


excellent !!!, July 28, 2008
By Tieu Luong "Tieu" (Canada) - (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Speak English Like an American for Native Chinese Speakers: Learn the Idioms & Expressions You Need to Sound Like a Native! (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for the ESL student who would like to learn speaking/reading english,I can understand more idioms/expressions after reading this book, Thank you amazon, Thank you Amy Gillett ( Author )!


No comments: